CURRENT VERSION: May 2022
Whichever metaphor you prefer, it can sometimes feel difficult to stay on top of everything we need to do.
I can almost guarantee that researchers don’t realise how much they are trying to accomplish. Writing academic papers, developing grant proposals, preparing for conferences, teaching, keeping an eye on what must be done to advance their careers … there are numerous tasks baked into the job description.
The Academic Inventory and Action Plan seeks to make the implicit parts of being a researcher explicit. It is only by shedding light where we need to focus that we can start to find smartcuts and safe harbours to save time, reduce stress, and build better routines and systems.
This digital download is an interactive spreadsheet that helps researchers identify:
- The areas where they are consistently performing well …
- … and where there is room for improvement.
- Potential ways of building smartcuts into their day-to-day activities.
This identification allows for the development of a 12-month action plan to incorporate up to 40 positive habits into a researcher’s workflow.
There are several ways to take advantage of the Academic Inventory and Action Plan:
AS AN INDIVIDUAL:
- Spreadsheet Only: Instructions are provided in the download to walk the user through completing the spreadsheet step by step. I am also available via email, phone call, or video chat for any general questions or if any clarification is needed.
- One-to-One Assistance: If you would like some help and a sounding board to construct your 12-month action plan, I am available for a one-hour video chat to discuss how you can construct systems that work for you.
Have a discount code? Please enter it at checkout.
Please make sure to include your email address: a download link will be sent to you with your receipt so you can access the Academic Inventory. I will also use your email to contact you to arrange the one-to-one session if you have purchased this option.